I’m Emerald. Yes, that’s my real name.
I try to keep as much of my personal life away from my “author” life as I can, but I know a few of you want details. What am I like in real life? What do I do when I’m not writing? Here’s a little bit about me:
- If I were not a writer, I’d probably be an esthetician. I also have an interest in being a radiologic technician, though I don’t know if I’ll ever pursue that.
- I like to cook, especially for crowds. I make great bread.
- I’ve been writing since I was thirteen. My first story for public consumption was Teen Titans fan fiction.
- I have two sons. They’re both adorable.
- We’re a Navy family, so we travel a lot. As of this writing, we’re about to move across the country to San Diego.
- I like boxing, though I’m still learning about the sport. I love to watch a good boxing match.
- I’m Catholic, though I don’t write Catholic or “inspirational” fiction. However, I did not grow up Catholic.
- My favorite authors are Alison Weir, Bill Bryson, Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen, Riley Sager, and Katherine Bennet.
- I listen to ambient background music when I write.
- I can’t whistle.